I found this Kickstarter that’s making Braille polyhedrals (dice with various numbers of sides). The creator is trying to get data from blind & visually impaired gamers so he can create products that are even more accessible (for example, one of the pledge levels includes a tactile battle map for minis).
Here’s the information from the update:
If you are blind(or VI) I would love it if you filled this out and e-mailed it back to me at Richard@64ouncegames.com. These are just possible jumping off points though, I don’t need it to strictly follow the interview.
- How long have you role played?
- What are your favorite systems? Do you have some preferred classes or archetypes?
- What frustrates you the most about being a blind role player?
- What has worked well for you?
- Are certain digital files better than others?
- What companies have made an extra effort for accessibility? Which companies have been horror stories so far and we need to help be more inclusive?
- If you had one thing that you wish that people understood about being a blind role player what is it?